Sunday, May 16, 2010

Blogging vs. Thinking

Normally. I'm a better speaker than writer, especially since my work requires more public speaking skills than writing, which is more of a formal writing in my case.
I think that blogging as a social tool can be helpful in order to receive a feedback from the class assignments, I enjoyed writing about our class assignments which were interesting but I was not sure if they actually served the purpose of making the group think about the management topic itself.
It definitely made me think about the class assignments especially since they were related to them, my only problem was a poor management of time in order to keep up with blogging on a timely manner.
I found that blogging it was nevertheless a good experience in order to get to know the way of thinking of many Baruch students outside of class setting. It did help me to formulate my thoughts in a better way in order to put them in writing and got me into rethink our class interactions. The 20% input of this blog seems like a good input to the grade, the only concern I had it was that it was required to respond to 3-5 other postings, which did not help to have an adequate reaction to the whole assignment.
Overall, the blogging assignment part of this course was a good idea, even though best blogging is the one that is not assigned, nevertheless this assignment helped me to getting into the prospective of understanding others' thoughts and exchanging different ideas.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you that blogging is a great tool in helping to formulate the ideas better. I also always felt like i'm a better speaker than writer. I even felt some sort of anxiety when i had to write something, but blogging i think is a kind of speaking just in writing. You don't need to worry about the introduction or paragraphs you just can go ahead expressing yourself the best way you can.

    ReplyDelete